Handmade gifts are my favorite kind of gifts to receive, as well as give. And handmade gifts that involve mason jars are just that much better, and frankly more adorable than most wrapping paper. The list of mason jar gifts below can be in addition to your holiday gifts this year, or they can stand on their own as they are both thoughtful and creative. In fact many of these ideas would be perfect for co-workers, friends, teachers, the mailman, the door man…the list goes on. So don’t fret if you realize you missed someone, these mason jar gifts are easy and inexpensive ways to show your gratitude in the season of giving.
Hot Cocoa in a Jar – Spark & Chemistry
*You can personalize your hot cocoa jars by adding a layer of their favorite crushed candy! Tie on some paper straws, a chocolate dipped spoon, or a candy cane for added cuteness! Or even a little bottle of Baileys…
Gifts in a Jar – The Gunny Sack
*Do you know someone who loves scrap booking, or crafts? If so this is the perfect gift idea. Fill the jar with tiny supplies from Michaels or Joanns, and make your own tag. Your crafty friends will be impressed.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub – Mommy Musings
* Moms, mother in-laws, and sisters alike will love this handmade scrub. Make a big batch and hand out to all of the women in your family! What’s better than a Christmas gift that looks and smells like Christmas!
Gift Card Holder – Studio Calico
* Want to give a gift card but hate how impersonal it feels? Fill your mason jar with confetti or fake snow, and/or items that fit the theme of the gift card. Giving movie tickets? Fill the jar will mini candies and some popcorn!
Mason Jar Tumbler – Lulu & Georgia
* Make this jar a little more seasonal by filling with eggnog, homemade holiday sangria, or their favorite drink. If it is a homemade recipe, be sure to tie the recipe to the jar! You can also monogram the front of the jar for extra personalization!
Christmas Cookies in a Jar – Lil Luna
* The best part? You can make a whole batch of gifts, there is a recipe printable, oh and the cookies. The cookies are always the best part.
Pamper Yourself Gifts – The Frugal Girls
* You know that friend that is always painting her nails? Why not give her a personalized jar filled with a couple of nail polishes and accessories? You can fill the jar with cotton balls and nail polish remover pads. You can also include a gift card to her favorite nail salon. She will be drumming her nails in anticipation for next year’s gift.
S’mores in a Jar – Squawfox
* This last idea is perfect for both women and men, who doesn’t love s’mores? And these aren’t the standard sitting around a camp fire s’mores, these jars are for s’mores bars. And yes they can be enjoyed shortly after opening on Christmas, just heat up the oven. No fire neccessary. Just a sweet tooth.
- Christmas Crafts With Mason Jars (twineandvinesblog.wordpress.com)